Shirodhara - Mind Massage
Shirodhara is the process of pouring either oil, milk or buttermilk from a bowl in a soothing slow rhythm from side to side on your forehead.
Shirodhara and abhyanga are the two classic Ayurvedic treatments. If your looking for 2 hours of relaxation and rejuvenation then book an abhyanga and a shirodhara right after each other, together they create the most soothing 2 hours of your day.
With each successive Shirodhara treatment, the mind systematically achieves an even deeper state of silence and more healing takes place. Regular treatments are the best way to achieve a good state of mental health.
- Helps nervous system issues like: paralysis, facial palsy or epilepsy….
- Helps insomnia and headaches.
- Helps you deal with stress and fatigue.
- Helps many diseases connected with the head, neck, eyes, ears nose and throat.
- Strengthens the hair and scalp.
- Prevents the falling, graying and cracking of your hair and scalp.
- Stimulates the nerves that move through the head and neck.
- Helps the sense organs like the eyes and throat.
- Maintains equilibrium of body and mind.
- Increasing your memory and mental power,
- Has a calming effect on the mind.
- Helps you work through emotions and thoughts calmly and effectively.
- For best results, book 7 consecutive days of massage. Ask for your Panchakarma assessment.
- Stomach half full, not too full and not totally empty
- Wear old clothes you don’t mind getting oily
- If possible take the rest of the day easy, especially from screens
- For best results, book multiple days close to each other. Ask me for your Panchakarma assessment.
- We recommend you come 5 min early and be prepared to take 5 min to clean up at the end.
- If you have some kind of head scarf or hat that you dont mind getting oily bring it.