Abhyanga - Classic Massage
The corner stone of Ayurvedic treatments is an Abhyanga massage. It is a 1 hour massage, 30min on your front and 30min on your back. This massage has specific strokes which help “arrange” the 5 elements in the body which will balance your body constitution or dosha. We use warm organic medicated oils for all our treatments. Depending on your dosha we will select the correct oil that would suit your specific needs.
Remember that the skin is the largest organ of the body; it produces naturally occurring antidepressants, anti-cancer and anti-aging substances, as well as hormones that help enhance circulation. A treatment like this will help keep all these uses of the skin at optimum levels while at the same time relaxing you physically and mentally.
- Soften the toxins in the tissues
- Improves Circulation
- Relieves Tiredness and Weakness
- Brings the toxins into the colon
- Rejuvenates the body
- Reduces wrinkles
- Pacify the imbalanced body type
- Increase the softness of the skin and add lustre to it, giving it a healthy glow
- Strengthen the Dhatus (the body`s tissues)
- Increase strength and stamina
- Improve vision
- Promote healthy sleep
- Improves general health
For best results, book 7 consecutive days of massage. Ask me for your Panchakarma assessment.
- Stomach half full, not too full and not totally empty
- Wear old clothes you don’t mind getting oily
- If possible take the rest of the day easy
- For best results, book multiple days of massage close to each other. Ask me for your Panchakarma assessment.
- During the massage you can choose to wear a traditional Indian underwear that I will provide which is for the genital area only, or you can simply wear some of your own.
- underwear that you don’t mind getting oily, alternatively you can use towels over exposed areas.
- We recommend you come 5 min early and be prepared to take 5 min to clean up at the end.