Bolus Bag - Penetrating Massage
The Bolus Bag treatmenets are the some of the deepest treatments that Ayurveda has to offer. This is because we not only use warm medicated oil like the Abhyanga treatment but we also use herbs, spices and leafs in a poultice during the massage. Of course the specific herbs will change depending on the person and their disbalance.
It has similiar movements as the Abyhanga treatments but it goes much deeper into the system because of the medicine and the increased heat that is used. It is also the same timetable as Abhyanga 30 minutes on your back and 30 minutes on your front.
These treatments are not only deep but also very versatile, which makes them the ideal multipurpose treatment for many conditions such as.
- Body Pains
- Mild paralysis
- Muscle Pains
- Excess cold in the body
- Good to reduce the Vata and/or Kapha Dosha
Because of the herbs and spices used in the Bolus Bag the colour of the spices (normally yellow) will remain on the skin for a couple of days, so make sure to wear clothing that you wouldnt mind getting a little spicy for the treatment. It will not stain your clothing the next day because it has settled into your skin (which is what we want).
- Stomach half full, not too full and not totally empty
- Wear old clothes you don’t mind getting oily
- If possible take the rest of the day easy
- For best results, book multiple days of massage close to each other. Ask me for your Panchakarma assessment.
- During the massage you can choose to wear a traditional Indian underwear that I will provide which is for the genital area only, or you can simply wear some of your own.
- underwear that you don’t mind getting oily, alternatively you can use towels over exposed areas.
- We recommend you come 5 min early and be prepared to take 5 min to clean up at the end.